Sunday, April 24, 2005

"Feel the city breakin’ and everybody shakin’..."

I've been pretty good about exercising lately - at least 2 days of weights and at least 3 days of walking or walking-running a week. In the gym I can set intervals on the treadmill, so I walk for 2 mins and run for 3 or 4 mins (depending on how I feel that day), and rotate for 40-45 minutes. When I go around the lake, I use my iPod "workout" playlist to estimate the intervals - run for a song, walk for a song.

(There is a reason for this lengthy intro.)

Today at the lake I was finishing up my last running interval and just as the song ended and I started walking, the Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive" began...

It took every ounce of remaining strength not to start strutting and doing the disco arm as I walked the final hundred feet to my car. EVERY OUNCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment