Sunday, April 10, 2005

The ups and downs of spring fever.

If you read this or know me at all, you know that I'm not a big fan of people in general. This is why I avoid jobs in customer service, why I don't see movies in movie theaters unless absolutely warranted, and why I hate sitting in airports.

Yesterday I did a lot of shopping and various errand-running, and every single person I encountered was incredibly pleasant, cheerful and helpful. I mean a lot of shopping, and I mean every single person. From the drivers, to the sales people, to the cashiers, to the security guards. I arrived at home in a really good mood and figured everyone must have spring fever.

Today the fever broke, and every single driver on the road pissed me off. I mean every single driver. I saw eight people littering around the lake (even while concerned citizens were picking up litter in some kind of organized fashion). And despite the nice signs saying "if you overfill the bins they won't take the recycling so please don't overfill the bins" placed over the recycling bins in my stairwell, some genius shoved a bunch of big cardboard boxes in the bin and the lid won't close.

Yep, it's spring... And I hate people.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not a big fan of people in general."

    Love it. So I'm not a misanthrope, I'm simply not a people fan. Takes the curse right off the concept.

    Thanks, Jen(n)!

    ReplyDelete