Monday, April 11, 2005

Even more sour grapes.

I finally bit the bullet and re-signed up for a land line because my cell phone gets ZERO reception in my apartment. ("Can you hear me now?" "Um, no.") Turns out, the money I was saving on not having a land line was simply not worth the frustration and annoyance I caused people and coworkers who called me and inevitably got cut off mid-sentence several times during any given conversation.

Who knew.

After numerous tries to do this on SBC's web site (which, no matter how far in the process I got, kept punting me back to the first screen) I called and spoke with someone. As of tomorrow I shall have phone stability again. Which means I need to buy a phone tonight. A cool phone. With a good speakerphone... And a mute button. Wow, phones have come a long way since I last bought one - this one has a radio and an alarm. Why, it's perfect for telecommuting! Haha.

Anyway, the "even more sour grapes" come in here: in order for your name, address and number not to be listed anywhere, you actually have to pay a certain amount each month. Granted, it's only $0.28/month, so I won't be breaking the bank or anything, but really now. It's the principal of the matter.

Ten bucks says my first call will STILL be a telemarketer...

1 comment:

  1. My home phone # is unlisted, but I used to get mostly telemarketing calls until I bought a TeleZapper. It fools the computers that generate most telemarketing calls these days -- they get a signal indicating that the phone line doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete