Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"The years have been short but the days go slowly by."

It's strange to be affected by the death of a person you didn't know at all, especially since I'm not really affected at all by the deaths all around me every single day of people I don't know at all who have just as much promise and future achievements ahead of them as the people I'm about to mention... (I'm actually having significant trouble coming to terms with this part of the story.)

But when I caught a headline of Heath Ledger's death Tuesday afternoon on my way to check email it really gave me pause. He was 28. I hope he enjoyed those years. I am sorry for the years he will not see, and for the years that his child and family will not have with him. Same goes for Brad Renfro (who as only 25).

Wish there was something optimistic I could end this with, but... Enjoy it while you're here. If you're not enjoying it, try to fix that. Do whatever it takes to fix that.

That's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment