Sunday, January 20, 2008

Three thumbs: "Eh."

One: The Savages. I thought they all did a very good job, particularly Philip Bosco who played the father, and it made me fear the day I will have to take care of my invalid parents, but the fact that the kids were both nearly-or-over 40 years old and didn't have a clue was disheartening. Which is not to say that I will stop listening to Michael Stipe songs, because while he also doesn't have a clue it costs me 3-4 minutes of my life versus 2 hours.

Two: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? After two attempts of watching this and falling asleep despite all the yelling, I looked it up online and discovered (SPOILER ALERT!) that their "son" is a joke they play on people. Have I mentioned lately that I am so tired of effed up middle class people bitching and moaning? If not, let this be the post. Liz was great and all, but still - BORING.

Finally, Hot Fuzz. I laughed a few times but I did not see what all the "fuzz" was about. Rent "Shaun of the Dead" again, you will have a better time.

And that is all for today. I can't wait for more episodes of The Wire, which I now love. (Have I mentioned lately that I need a life?)

No comments:

Post a Comment