Sunday, January 27, 2008

Maybe I should join the Army.

I have been up since 6am. So far today, I have done laundry, spent 5 hours helping a friend with his kitchen flooring, spent 2 hours at the local animal volunteer gig, made what looks to be KILLER cornbread and ran a few errands. And my day is only half done.

Isn't it odd that the older we get, the more rest we need, but the less we are able to sleep in? I can't remember the last time I slept past 6am. Except for yesterday, of course, when I woke up at 6am, laid in bed for a little while, and woke with a start at 8:15am... and my class was starting at 9am. Natch.

On an unrelated note, but not really because I was awfully jealous of the kittens and cats who were soundly sleeping while I was doing my volunteer thing, today I learned that black and black/white kittens and cats are least likely to be adopted. Other than my first cat who I had no say in choosing (Tiger, aptly named due to his orange and white stripes), all my cats have been black or black/white. Is it just the stigma of black cats bringing bad luck? Why's everybody hating on these particular kittens/cats? Can't we all just get along?

OK, off to do more stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment