Monday, January 28, 2008

Breaking up is hard to do.

I am loyal to two people: my stylist and my dentist. Both have seen me through various debacles, crises and compromising positions (bed head, front teeth filed into points prior to veneer caps, etc.).

This morning I bid farewell to my dentist. He was genuinely sad that I wouldn't be coming back, barring any dental emergencies while visiting the Bay Area in the future. I was genuinely sad too. I've been going to him for probably 8 years, and he always remembered the details of my life (where I was going on vacation, when my marathon was, when I changed jobs) despite the 6-month lag in visits. He even noticed when my hair was longer/shorter/redder/darker. Best yet, he was incredibly patient and explained every single step of whatever he was doing and always checked to make sure I was OK.

This is starting to get a little creepy so suffice to say, I will miss my dentist and I will happily refer anyone to him for their dental needs.

Next month: the stylist.

No comments:

Post a Comment