Saturday, October 06, 2007

In the words of Homer J. Simpson, "It's too bright!"

I mean that figuratively, for the most part.

Not to harp on this, but I walked there tonight in search of some fairly basic items. There was no pre-shredded mozzarella cheese,* there were no yellow bananas, there were no olives stuffed with blue cheese.

Too bad I wasn't in search of a high-end sandwich named after an area of Oakland famous for its taco trucks - if that had been the case I would've made out like a bandit. Guess I'll be sticking with good old reliable Piedmont Grocery from now on.

But back to the "bright," they really must do something about the blinding sun that streams through the windows in the evening. It's such an annoying customer experience...

Unless they did it on purpose so that you couldn't see how much your items were costing on the cashier screens. "WHAT?! Ninety-five dollars? But I only bought four items!" Say what you like about their prices compared to Andronico's - it's still Whole Paycheck to me.

________________
* Apparently pre-shredded mozzarella cheese is a sin in an artisan cheese shop such as theirs. Before the cheeseheads start calling me Rachel Ray, I should clarify. I don't end up with as much cheese when I buy the pre-shredded packages, which is the end result I was looking for tonight since I'm going out of town in a few days and just wanted enough for tonight.

2 comments:

  1. No worries, pre-shredded mozz in totes legit, at Andronicos you can get 'real' reggiano-style mozz pre-shredded in half-pint containers for less than $5. So if they don't have that, lame.

    Plus who wants to cut himself?? Blood+mozz is so NOT appetizing.

    ReplyDelete