Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Curse you, Whole Paycheck!"

In case you live in a cave, the new Whole Foods opened this morning.

I'm not sure Oaktown is ready for all this patchouli, bulk granola, soy cheese, bring-your-own-bag, $12/pound salad bar hipster nonsense (newfound or natural). Or ready for, as the article states, "the progressive, food-sophisticated, dynamic and diverse culture of Oakland and the surrounding communities."

Now, don't get me wrong. I've been as excited about this, as I have been for the two new Trader Joe's (Trader Joes's? Trader Ji?) to open near my apartment. Being able to walk there for lunch, or to shop after work, do ONE LOOP in the grocery store and catch the bus home with my millions of dollars of fancy schmancy grocery items, is very appealing.

But seriously? It took me 10 extra minutes in my lousy 10-minute commute to get home this evening due to all the commotion and traffic. The people sitting in the cafe got an amusing view of me literally shaking my fist at the store while screaming the subject line of this post as I drove by...

I suppose the joke will be on me tomorrow when I stop for coffee (and the obligatory perusal) before heading into the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment