Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"I guess there's gotta be a break in the monotony..."

"... but Jesus, when it rains, how it pours."

My internal mantra this week has been, "I soooo did not sign up for this." But that's not 100% accurate. I honestly didn't have the slightest idea what I was signing up for when I signed up for it.

Now that I know, I'm coming to terms with a lot of my own insecurities and inadequacies, but I'm also seeing a new side of myself - a side that is confident, humble, tenacious and surprisingly matter-of-fact.

Boy, will I be glad when this baby shower is done with.

(Kidding! This post is about my job. The baby shower is the most welcome break I could possibly have, especially now that super-secret project PCT scrapbook is done. Tonight I'm making party favors instead of working. That's a truly beautiful thing. Attention, dear readers: have more babies and go on more 2600 mile treks so that I can be pleasantly distracted in the future.)

No comments:

Post a Comment