Sunday, October 07, 2007

A rare but important product endorsement.

It's not often that I recommend a product on this blog. It's also not often that I buy anything from Sur La Table. It's certainly not often that I publicly admit a flaw in my living situation.

But a few weeks ago I was on Fourth Street, mainly to visit my reptile friends at the East Bay Vivarium. I'd had too much coffee and needed a bathroom, and Sur La Table is usually the cleanest one to be found. So I pretended to shop for a few minutes, then hit the loo, and then pretended to shop for a few more minutes, and I ran across this.

It was less than $5. After countless smelly Stick Ups and spraying smelly Lysol under my kitchen sink where I keep the trash bin, I was out of ideas to remove the odor. (Yeah, I have a smelly kitchen sink underbelly - I said it.) So I figured hey, it's less than $5, it's worth a shot.

One day later and the odor was noticeably gone. Three weeks later, it's still gone. So if you've got a smelly place in your abode, I recommend picking on of these guys up. They even have loops so you can hang them in your fridge without taking up too much space.

Who knew, all I needed was a little charcoal. Science is cool.

1 comment: