Saturday, September 22, 2007

"Sleeping is giving in, no matter what the time is."

(Which is why I'm writing this even though I'm sooooo tired.)

The difference between a Wilco show and an Arcade Fire show is that after a Wilco show, you kinda feel like this. Whereas after an Arcade Fire show, you kinda feel like this.

It probably helped that all the elements were perfect - real actual lightning was striking in the background, the opening act was fairly amazing in their own sense, the crowd knew every word to every song and the band loved that the crowd sang along, no weirdos were sitting in front of me, and my seat was in row 13 with a perfect view. Maybe I had a slight advantage because I'd seen a video of them live - maybe on the Coachella DVD? - and was impressed and intrigued.

But really, I think it was because the band is just amazing live. Even if the songs don't stray too far from the CD version when played live (there is no need for them to stray), the energy and theatrics that come along with the songs are unforgettable, and therefore I conclude that anyone who remotely likes that song "Rebellion" but hasn't seen them yet is a dumb-dumb head.

No comments:

Post a Comment