Saturday, September 08, 2007

Note to self.

Note to self: if you haven't run more than 5 miles in the past 3 weeks, perhaps you should start off with a long walk.

I thought I would be just fine. It's not like I haven't done that 5-mile run a million times in the past year. (Well, okay maybe I've done that particular run 20 times, but whatever.) Man. Ten minutes into it and I was DONE. DONE DONE DONE. I forced myself to walk the 5 miles instead, and tried to pick up the run again halfway through, but it didn't work. I found myself breathing heavy and lightheaded.

The breathing wasn't really surprising but the lightheadedness was a little alarming. It's not like it was hot, or sunny, or even early morning. It's not like I hadn't eaten my new diet of "nothing but carbs" all week (even pasta and bread for lunch today) along with tons of water. I hoped that my lightheadedness was due to the fact that I was wearing very old glasses (I worry too much that I'll break my new glasses if I run in them, and my semi-old glasses are all scratched up now). But even after a shower, grocery store run and another glass of water I bent down to pet the cat and when I stood up, I had to hold onto the wall.

Weird. I think this calls for a(nother) night on the couch. DARN!

No comments:

Post a Comment