Sunday, September 09, 2007

"Hey, I thought I put iTunes back on shuffle..."

"... oh, I did, it's just an 18-minute Decemberists song. That's all."

Show me one other band that can make an 18-minute song that fakes you out and makes you think it's several completely different songs rather than just one song, and I'll give you $10.

And in this week's "guilty pleasure" news, has anyone besides me noticed that the chorus in "Song Sung Blue" sounds a little like "Do Re Mi" from the Sound of Music? (Not that I worship Neil Diamond or watched the Sound of Music two of the three nights it was on over Labor Day weekend, or anything.)

And in other normal news, after today I officially go back to "no way." At the craft store I overheard several moms repeating "put that back, put that down, put that back, put that down..." in what appeared to be a robotic voice.

Then on the walk home from the drugstore this evening I saw a family of four out for a stroll, or what seemed to be a stroll, until I passed the mom and older son and overheard the mom saying "you need to let me know EXACTLY where you are and EXACTLY when you'll be home ALL THE TIME do you hear me" and the dad and younger son walking about 50 feet behind, and the dad saying "you can't just go picking fights with kids smaller than you..."

And now I'm drinking a little wine, and I might just have cheese and crackers for a late dinner, and I'm getting ready to watch a curse-word-riddled movie, and let me just tell you. LIFE IS GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment