Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sweet, gas guzzling, expensive relief.

My allergies are back with a vengeance. Some might think I'm lucky for having the non-runny-nose, non-sinus variety of allergies, but I would argue that this is the worst kind of allergy to have. I feel like I'm in a complete fog, I'm not the least bit hungry, I have no energy, I walk around in a daze and nothing seems to help.

I've spent the weekend in my apartment with most of the windows closed except at night, where I open them wide to encourage fresh air to replace the CO2-riddled air that surely my houseplants are loving, but I am not.

After sleeping very late due to not sleeping at all Thursday or Friday nights, I woke up and vacuumed again, as has been the custom these past few days to try to get rid of any traces of whatever is causing this allergy nonsense. Then I ironed and drove to Alameda to look for a few things and otherwise pass some time.

(Married people with kids: you are so jealous of me right now. I have to find ways to PASS THE TIME. Ha!)

The 15-minute air conditioned ride to and from the shopping center was sheer, utter bliss. After about five minutes my fog lifted and I could think clearly. After ten minutes I was singing along with the radio. And then it was time to venture out into the "real air" and "breathe." Sigh.

I seriously considered just getting back on the highway and driving around for three hours to enjoy my clear-headedness. But I didn't have my iPod with me, and that darned Tom Shane kept popping up between all the crappy radio songs, and it would just be wrong to take a Sunday drive in this day and age.

So now I'm fuzzy again but at least I have a plan for my four-day weekend next weekend. Road trip! To somewhere off the beaten path, given the holiday weekend! The possibilities are actually endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment