Sunday, May 27, 2007

Defensive? Who's defensive?

I can see how cancelling an RSVP to poker night due to a "sick cat" might seem like a lame excuse to people who do not have cats, or people whose cats have never been sick.

But, um, HELLO, people?? Remember this? Yeah, it was kinda like that, for about two hours after I got home, except only with the sitting but not the trying-to-get-up-and-not-being-able-to, and just when I was about to succumb to another $400+ emergency vet trip, Her Majesty perked up and after another hour, all was fine.

Let the record show that I stand by my belief that she was just pissed, not sick. I was gone for a long weekend last week, which means that she got NO weekend last week. She clearly somehow ascertained that this weekend was three days long and she wanted to be sure that my lap was available at least 12 of those 36 hours.

Damn cat. Damn cute sweet annoying cat.

Let the record also show that the next time she pulls that shit on poker night, I'm packing her up and bringing her along with me.

________________
I mean, really - if I wanted to make up an excuse to get out of a social event, I wouldn't use my poor cat. I'd just say I "strained my back." ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment