Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Girlfriend in a coma.

Well, not really. But when I got home from work today, the usually whiny-waiting-by-the-door-FEED-ME-NOW Her Majesty was sitting in her kitty bed by the balcony. She didn't get up when I walked over, and she looked awfully lethargic. She tried to stand up, which lasted about 10 seconds before she eased herself back down to laying, and I had flashbacks of my old cat Spanky who went into a coma and died from a kidney infection. So of course I rushed her to the emergency vet. (I would've done so even without the flashbacks, of course.)

Turns out she is suffering from the equivalent of a human's 103.5 degree fever, with no other symptoms, and the emergency vet couldn't offer a reasonable explanation for it. So they gave her some fluids, and she's on antibiotics, and I'm to monitor her temperature (FUN!) for the next day or so and escalate to the regular/emergency vet as needed.

She's now sleeping, or trying to sleep between me poking and petting her to make sure she's still alive.

I wish that she could talk. Or at least that she could understand me. 'Cause I would hate anything to happen to her.

________________
The weirdest part about the evening is that I walked out with two X-rays of my cat's internal organs. I have to surrender them to her regular vet should she become worse, but for now they're kinda interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment