Sunday, May 13, 2007

Addendum.

I thought that knowing the aforementioned paper awaited me might entice me to do another lap around the lake. Halfway through my run, this was definitely true. It felt great to be running outside on such a beautiful day (instead of in the hot gym on the treadmill) and there were tons of smile-invoking puppies and babies everywhere.

However, when I finished the first lap in 27 minutes (a PR for me) I changed my mind. Clearly that amount of exertion deserved exemption from another lap.

Oh and also, I had to pee.

________________
PRs, for those who don't plow through Runner's World monthly while shaking their heads in shock at all the crazy people who run miles and miles in very little time, are "personal records." I've definitely noticed an improvement in my speed since last fall, and I've been trying out sprint intervals on the treadmill now and then (mind you, "sprinting" for me is 6 miles/hour). But with my long-distance-running buddy off hiking the PCT, it's been hard to get a lot of miles in at once - it's VERY BORING if you're doing it alone, unless you're in that mindset. So anyway, I'm curious to try out sprint intervals over an 8-10 mile run to see how my body reacts...

Blah blah blah YES I HAVE A PAPER TO WRITE, what of it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment