Friday, May 11, 2007

"The living will always be more dangerous than the dead."

Finally getting back into my Netflix queue... The Devil's Backbone was a good re-entry point. Fans of Pan's Labyrinth should check this out. It's far less violent but still disturbing and engaging. In fact, according to IMDB, del Toro described this as being a sibling film to Pan's Labyrinth (this being the masculine "brother" film, and Pan's Labyrinth as the feminine "sister" film).

I've been very anti-movie lately, mostly due to time constraints and lack of interest in what I have on hand. I really can't remember a week in my Netflix history where I hadn't turned around at least one movie (and I'm going on four weeks right now). So maybe I will finally knock out Babel this weekend too... Which will bring me two steps closer to Alpha Dog, Cars and Fast Food Nation. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment