Sunday, May 13, 2007

Why it's good that I didn't get into grad school, exhibit #85.

I really must write this paper for my finance class. I really must. It's due no later than May 21st, and I'll be gone next weekend so I really need to get it done by Thursday at the very latest.

I've been putting it off because it requires much more thought than my last paper. I've also been quite busy these past few weeks, and I'd already resigned myself that this weekend I'd be sitting in front of the computer for several hours trying to construct a cohesive 3 page response to a case study.

So here it is, Sunday afternoon. I've put about an hour into it. I have a decent outline. I really should just pound it out and be done with it.

But, well, I'm lazy. And despite sleeping in this morning, I'm tired. And people keep emailing me, and calling me, and of course I had to do laundry and clean out the refrigerator and do some online shopping for bridesmaid dress ideas and check out iTunes for new music and vacuum and...

And have you looked outside lately? It's GORGEOUS.

OK. I'll drop off my Salvation Army donation and go for a run. And then I'll come back and finish the dang paper.

Maybe. I mean, I have until Thursday...

________________
In college, I scored the highest on 10-page papers written between 11pm-6am the day before they were due. Occasionally around 3am I'd get stuck, have a beer or two, and then finish the paper. I think that set the procrastination tone for the remainder of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment