Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We'll see you AT THE MOVIES.

Or not.

Finally watched Babel a few days ago. I'll be honest, I didn't get it. While I found the interconnectedness of the characters interesting, I didn't really care about any of them except the deaf girl. I also went into it thinking it was about miscommunication (all signs from the trailers pointed to that) but really, it seemed more about lack of communication, not miscommunication. I was also uncomforatable with all the racist undertones, and perhaps that was the point, but overall - "eh." I'm glad The Departed won best picture.

Next up was 11:14 - another story about the interconnectedness of strangers. To be fair, I was cooking while watching this and therefore somewhat distracted what with watching all the spinach boil, but after about 15 minutes I put it back in its Netflix envelope. Not even an "eh."

Finally, yesterday I opted for Shrek the Third over Pirates. I was trying very hard to improve my foul mood and everything I've heard about Pirates was just terrible, so I thought Shrek might be just what the doctor ordered... Alas, it was "eh." But! I got free popcorn, which is apparently a new trend at the Grand Lake on Mondays. And! JT fans will be happy with his performance, or his voice-overs, or whatever... Trivia buffs should listen for John Krasinski as Lancelot. Wish I'd known that going into the movie.

And now I've just spent 20 minutes summarizing five hours of my life that I lost over the past few days. Niiiiiiice.

No comments:

Post a Comment