Monday, April 23, 2007

You always wanna know why I've got memorable quotes from Office Space in my "favorites"? Well, take it in.

Today I got an email rejection notice for a job I applied for last year. The rejection notice only had the posting number and job title (no department).

I can't find that particular posting number amongst my countless cover letters so I have no idea which job I was actually rejected for, which in the grand scheme of things is kind of funny. The last three jobs with that title, I applied for in July, August and October of 2006. The first job I applied for at that level was in January 2005, and there were two others between then and July 2006.

Luckily for me, the email states that the recruiters are keeping my information on file for six months. Which basically means that if another position opens up that I'm remotely qualified for, they will have thrown out my information by the time they get around to reviewing my resume.

"Just remember, if you hang in there long enough, good things can happen in this world. I mean, look at me."

No comments:

Post a Comment