Saturday, April 14, 2007

Belated Friday five.

Top five things that will result in me hitting the "back" button immediately after reading any of the following in your Craig's List "men seeking women" post*, in no particular order:

  • typos
  • run-on sentences
  • insecurity about being divorced and/or a parent**
  • "I watch Dr. Phil every night"
  • "My only criteria was that she'd have to be breathing, but then I thought, should I make that mandatory or by choice?"
________________
* I only click links and view more details on posts with subject lines that don't include any innuendos relating to sex. This REALLY narrows the pool of posts I actually peruse, and the list above is representative of that pool only... I replied to a few tonight, just for fun. I'm sure they are all ogres but if not, remind me to delete this post after you meet them.

** I couldn't care less. The last guy I dated off and on for a few years (and fell in love with, which is a whole other ugly story) was divorced with a 5-year old boy at the time. The older I get, the more likely it will be that I start dating a man who was once married and/or has children. It's a fact. So just acknowledge that fact and tell me about your lovely child or children and how you have kept the relationship with your ex-wife amicable and I will be totally respectful of that fact.

1 comment:

  1. Just my two cents - Fortunately for my guy (and me), I overlooked the typo/grammar errors :P Sometimes the extra eloquent, witty, snazzy writers were not the best in-person folk. Nor are they always the most giving or ready for relationship types, even if they wrote that way and seemed all swoony. Sorta like how some musician or art dude types may seem all sensitive and romantic, but are all about themselves (well at least the ones I was involved with).

    * your latter three items appearing in a "seeking" post...yikes! Indeed - big glaring red lights.

    ReplyDelete