Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Speaking of weddings...

Thursday I sent an email to some people saying "I'm not sure what value I'm adding to this project, I originally signed up to do this (which I was very interested in doing) and now I'm doing that (which I don't really have any experience or interest in doing)." Then I offered some suggestions for what I could be doing with my time that would a) be more interesting to me and b) be more valuable to the project in the long term.

The response I got was that I should take a few weeks off.

At least it wasn't a request to take a permanent vacation.

Stolen from someone who pretty much summarized my raison d'etre these days: "I'm not even a bridesmaid around here, more like a crazy relative no one wanted to invite to the wedding, but didn't really have a choice in the matter, let's sit her in the back row and hope we don't have to interact with her!"

1 comment:

  1. True to form - yesterday I was informed that "You're not glued to your chair." By someone I kinda respect, no less.

    Well, alllllllrighty then! I'll be starting my permanent vacation after I run 26.2 miles. Lord forbid I need health care during the next two months.

    ReplyDelete