Tuesday, May 16, 2006

And then this one time? At fat camp?

I was looking for a little inspiration today, after staying home to fight a bug I apparently contracted yesterday after several doses of novocaine and 30 minutes of drilling at the dentist, plus a really hot apartment for several hours when I got home, plus the aforementioned salmon debacle.

Also yesterday, my stylist had to cancel my eagerly-awaited haircut appointment to go to the emergency room (the AUDACITY!)... so that didn't really help my mood.* Plus my leg hurt from Sunday's run, so I probably couldn't have run my 30 minute maintenance run today anyway... so that didn't really help my mood. And the NSA is tracking every call I make, but no one will tell me who keeps trying to fax me something at all hours of the night... And Britney is going to rap... And they kicked Chris off American Idol... Bah, bah, bah. But hey, at least I wasn't at work.

I channel-surfed for about 30 minutes - breezing past HGTV, skipping a "raising baby clouded leopards" special on Animal Planet, not pushing the + button fast enough when I landed on "the fabulous lives of..." and FOX news.

And then I found Fat Camp.

OK, I thought - kids losing weight, that could be inspiring. Five minutes into it I realized that the actual fat camp was a side story. OH MY GOD the drama. I forgot what it's like to be 13, 14, 15 and socially awkward, emotionally volitile, and subject to the superficialities and overall jackassedness of other teenagers.

And that was my inspiration. I'm in my thirties now. Never again will I have to go through that hell. It's all gravy from here.

Or so I hear. :)

________________
* Of course I pray she's well. If not now, then by Thursday at my rescheduled time, so she can cut my freakin' hair. Kidding. (Sorta.)

No comments:

Post a Comment