Sunday, May 07, 2006

More fun with iPods.

(Cribbed from Connie who cribbed it from someone else. I'm dog tired, despite sleeping till 2pm today, but I just can't resist shit like this. And no, I didn't cheat... although it might look like I did with some of the songs that came up.)

Instructions: Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you?
Poor Places, Wilco ("they cried all over overseas - it makes no difference to me - it's hot in the poor places tonight - I'm not going outside")
Well, I have been a bit of a hermit lately...

Will I have a happy life?
The Celibate Life, The Shins ("you'll learn to live like a mouse, searching the cracks in the floor to remember all the dregs in the crowd you barely recall")
Wow the title doesn't really bode well, and the song itself doesn't get much better. Greaaaat.

What do my friends really think of me?
Down, Pearl Jam ("won't let the light escape from me - won't let the darkness swallow me")
So I'm tough despite my weak exterior. OK, I can get behind that.

What do people secretly think of me?
Dead in the Water, David Gray ("sell it like it is - it’s like the old man says - we’re dead in the water now")
Jesus, I need some happy music.

How can I be happy?
Handshake Drugs, Wilco ("oh I was chewin' gum for something to do - the blinds were being pulled down on the dew - inside, out of love, what a laugh - I was looking for you")
Or maybe I just need some of those handshake drugs.

Will I ever have children?
If I Had $1 Million, Barenaked Ladies ("if I had a million dollars - I'd buy you a monkey - haven't you always wanted a monkey?")
Hmm... monkeys ARE as much work as small children, I hear... and I've never said "I want a child" but I have said "I want a monkey."

What is some good advice for me?
So Whatcha Want, Beastie Boys ("you can't front on that")
No fronting. Check.

How will I be remembered?
Movie Star, Cracker ("the movie star, well she crashed her car - but everyone said she was beautiful even without her head")
'Nuff said.

What is my signature dancing song?
Pacific Theme, Broken Social Scene
It's an instrumental song. But probably one of the few I would dance to without prodding, actually.

What do I think my current theme song is?
Stayin' Alive, Bee Gees ("feel the city breakin’ and everybody shakin’, and we’re stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive - ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive")
Yeah, that sounds about right.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
You Just Have to Be Crazy, Grant Lee Buffalo ("you just have to be crazy don't you - you just have to be out of your mind")
I don't think everyone knows just how true this really is.

What song will play at my funeral?
I'm Still Standing, Elton John ("don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did - looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid")
This is just weird.

What is my day going to be like?
Window Seat, John Wesley Harding ("And I know I’ve got the whole world at my feet in my window seat...")
I can dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment