Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The pre-Friday five.

Top five corporate buzzwords or buzzphrases I never, EVER want to hear again, in no particular order:

  1. "leverage"
  2. "smeeee's" (for those fortunate enough to be outside of corporate life, this stands for "subject matter experts" - but it's pronounced "smeeee's" because this seems to be the only way to make corporate life tolerable)
  3. "artifact"
  4. "matrix reporting relationship"
  5. "risk aversive"
On the upside, the 10-page buzzword-ridden document I partially wrote and completely edited, for voice and tone and stuff like that, was very well received. It's the first thing I feel like I've contributed lately, and even though I don't really know if it will be valuable to others, the aforementioned upside fact is valuable to me.

And I now hold, in my hot little hands, 604 minutes of Muppets. Do doo be-do-do be-do-do be-do-do be-do-do-doodle do do do-doo do!

2 comments:

  1. Where I come from Smee is a pirate! Albeit, not a very indimidating one. In fact a sort of embarassing pirate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What oscar said. Smee is a pirate. Arrr.

    You could always pronounce "SME" as "smeeeeeeEEEEEEEE!"

    ReplyDelete