Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The verdict.

Tonight I sampled Little Star Pizza, hailed as San Francisco's version of Zachary's.

Whatever.

Don't get me wrong. It was damn fine pizza. I liked the crust better than Zachary's - more cornmeal, less flaky olive oil dough. And the sauce had more basil. But overall I have to say that I would still kill for one of Zachary's spinach/mushroom deep dish pies. Literally KILL. Their fillings are meatier (so to speak), they use cheese more wisely, and sometimes there is much to be said for a flaky olive oil crust. I have never been disappointed.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

4 comments:

  1. What did you think of the cat who politely watched you eat? Please tell us about the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cat? I only saw a cat when I went in search of him.

    Scaredy-cat much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way - stop worrying about personal validation and update your damn blog. It's over a year old.

    Surely there is much to tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you try typing with furry baseball mitts. I only even bother here because you keep provoking me.

    I'll bet he was a tremendously handsome cat, not prone to purposeless yapping.

    ReplyDelete