Thursday, February 02, 2006

February funnies and some civic obligation stuff. And other local news.

From the Book that Will Change My Life... Yesterday was the day of compliments, where I was supposed to flatter someone and see if it got me anywhere. Examples included "You're not the boss for nothing!", "This is the best memo I've ever read," and "That toupee really suits you!" I am not sure I gave anyone compliments but I know I recently complained about being complimented. Not the same thing.

And then today was "Be Gay For A Day" day, which I TOTALLY didn't take advantage of... Damn.

I should leave this book at work to remind myself to keep up with the daily schedule. Tomorrow shouldn't be a problem because it's "Discretely Give The Finger To People All Day Today" day. As it is, I do that on a regular basis. Surely I can fit some more in tomorrow.

And in other news... From my America: The Calendar 2/1 entry - What Type of Government Best Suits You? Category: Democracy.

  • Your typical day - counting your money and deciding which fast food to eat.
  • Your pet peeves - voting.
  • Your favorite kinds of war - a glorious battle for liberty, preferably fought by proxy army.
And in other news... Speaking of voting. The Oakland Mayoral campaign is in full force. Don't forget to vote! If you want to meet the candidates, there's a local event coming up that I will be sharing with fellow Oaktowners. Please attend!!

And in other local news... I heard a rumor today that Merritt Bakery burned down. Uncomfirmed. But if confirmed, how truly sad. The food is overpriced and not that great, but their cakes are truly awesome. And it's a local monument.

And speaking of local monuments... No!!!! I wrote to request an update and haven't heard anything. If we ALL write he will be guilt-induced into writing back or giving an update. WRITE HIM!!

2 comments:

  1. An Official Inquiry has been sent per my job. Do let the blog know if you hear anything back! Inquiring reporters want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard back from the owner... they are staying as long as they can help it.

    ReplyDelete