Sunday, February 26, 2006

Almost half a half marathon!

Today I ran 6 miles - the longest I've ever run in my life. And I feel fine. (OK, I needed a nap this afternoon - but otherwise I feel fine.)

I'm a bit alarmed that pain and/or insanity hasn't really kicked in yet. My knees are holding up well, my muscles don't ache and I am still showing up at the training site every Sunday at 8am. Maybe paranoia is working to my benefit this time.

The BEST thing about training for a marathon is that I can eat ALL THE CARBS I WANT. Usually I would make sure to only eat one meal a day that revolved mostly around bread. Not any more! Today I had an english muffin for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and I'm having pizza for dinner. And last night I had pasta and bread.

YAY MARATHON TRAINING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment