Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Updates du jour.

It's been a while since I wrote about anything relevant to my life. That's because nothing interesting has happened to me lately.

Well, that's not entirely true, but - not to be all mysterious about things but - I'll save that for another day. Perhaps Friday...

(Build suspense - CHECK! Or if I were to do it the Dan Brown* way, "She knew there was something important to share. Something that could be considered slightly monumental, in fact. But she didn't want to share it - JUST YET." No, it's not about a boy so don't ask. And no, Luna hasn't suddenly developed laryngitis, so don't ask - that's just my everyday wishful thinking talking.)

In other news... The giving-up-swearing-for-Lent thing lasted a whopping 40 hours, approximately. I suppose it's not great that it is so natural for me to utter obscenities where others might quietly say, "Rats!" Hey - I've come to terms with it. Why don't you?!? Sheesh!!!

My apartment smells like stale cigarette smoke, because the wool coat I took home last month and kept in my ex-smoker-parents'-house-that-still-smells-like-smoke-despite-the-fact- that-they-haven't-smoked-for-2-years-now, which didn't smell like smoke until yesterday when I wore it for 2 hours, got wet and the scent, nay, ODOR, is now permeating throughout every room. Even though I took it to the cleaners earlier today. It also wriggled its way into my hair yesterday and despite two shampoos, I swear I still smell it. BLEAH.

And finally, will the Culkin brothers ever make a normal movie again? Not that I have issues with the ones they've made recently. Not at all, in fact. Mean Creek was as disturbingly good as I expected it to be.

And that's about it. OH! Except YAY for the director's cut release of Donnie Darko. The next day I don't have a meeting after work (read=August 2007, at this point) I am SOOOOO going to Best Buy to purchase it. I love how everyone thinks it's going to make sense with the extended footage. I hope it doesn't make any more sense than it did before... That's what I liked about it.

________________
* I liked The Da Vinci Code, as an easy read which raised some interesting questions, but his method of building suspense got old, and on my nerves, REALLY fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment