Saturday, February 26, 2005

Well you know that it's going to be alright...

I think it's gonna be alright... Everything will always be alright... When we go shopping.

I had a High Fidelity moment today at the music store. I was buying some used oldies but goodies (Police, Pretenders, Elvis Costello, Psychedelic Furs) and the guy at the counter nodded approvingly at my selections. Leaning in so that his boss wouldn't overhear, he said (almost sadly), "Good choices. I sell a lot of crap every day."

I'm sure you do. And that's why I buy my crap online. And why I rent my crap online. I can't bear to face the cashier when I go to the counter with Avril Levigne or Mona Lisa Smile.

And why, dear lord but WHY, did I have to go to SAFEWAY to purchase tahini because Trader Joe's DIDN'T HAVE IT???? That is just soooooo wrong.

It's always lalalalala...

1 comment: