Tuesday, February 22, 2005

So happy together. Alone. Whatever. God bless America!!

Tonight I looked at Luna and had the strangest sensation that we were meant to be together for the long haul - and meant to do so without her comical brother (may he rest in peace) Riley. It was an intensely weird, but comforting, feeling. I blame another few episodes of Six Feet Under for this revelation. In related Luna news, can I just say how happy I am that she likes her new water fountain. Forty dollars well spent, although to my dismay it hasn't entirely kept her out of the kitchen sink. Old habits die hard... Yeah, don't I know it.

In other news... This was disturbing, and this was even more disturbing but on an entirely different level.*

The former does not surprise me all that much, though I would expect it to have happened in a small rural high school in, oh, I don't know, Arkansas, rather than New Jersey. WWKSD? (I'm betting there would be ninjas involved.)

The latter just makes me laugh maniacally. Anyone who views/categorizes/etc me based on the status of my relationships (or lack thereof), who is not a relative whose unofficial chore it is to do so, is hereby immediately disqualified from passing any judgement whatsoever. To those people: I laugh in your general direction. And anyone who thinks that divorced men are more mature than never-married men, well, you have obviously never met my ex-boyfriend.

________________
* So yes, I do take requests for things to banter about. I do not guarantee any level of quality on the bantering. But bring it on.

3 comments:

  1. What the!? My human yelled "Yay!" while reading that. Not that I expect him to make sense. He's had a DrinkWell since I moved in and still hasn't set it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try licking out of every available water-producing orafice in the apartment and see if that's the incentive he needs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ehm, wouldn't that include the toilet? I know some cats will venture there, but not this cat. Frankly I don't even know what the human sees in it. We've got a perfectly good litter box that, I kid you not, magically cleans itself daily.

    ReplyDelete