Saturday, January 10, 2009

"It's not lupus!"

So I've had this lower back pain for over a week now... internal pain, not muscle pain, not an external bruise. No other symptoms. I hate doctors so I did a quick scan on the interweb and noticed a lot of references to kidney stones, so I started drinking more water and the pain went away.

Almost. Now I have a metallic taste in my mouth and the pain is back. I did another quick scan on the interweb, and... Five things I'm pretty sure it's not:

  • kidney disease
  • Crohn's disease
  • copper toxicity
  • jaundice
  • or, my favorite, pregnancy
So yeah yeah yeah, I will call the doctor on Monday if the symptoms don't go away. But GOOD LORD! I wonder if there's a pill for interweb-induced-hypochondria... This is worse than watching a House marathon.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to tell you what my friends have to tell me when I don't treat my health needs with enough urgency: GET THEE TO A DOCTOR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete