Monday, January 26, 2009

CCL update #97.

Three days of barely eating resulted in Her Maj reaching a record low weight of 7.5 lbs (normal weight under normal circumstances, which are a distant memory at this point, averaged 11-12 lbs). So today she spent another day at Chez Vet where she was treated to fluids, various other injections, full-fat food which she apparently pigged out on and has continued to pig out on since we got home, and... dog medicine.

Yep. That's what it's come to - she is now taking dog medicine, which is apparently successful in preventing feline nausea if given in small doses. This along with Pepcid AC to reduce stomach acid and antibiotics for the "I" in her IBD and an appetite stimulant. All of which, of course, have different administration schedules. I'm going to need my parents to send me one of their spare day-of-the-week pill boxes.

Luckily, so far, she just stops eating so I don't have to deal with the potential grossness of her disease. But then unluckily she gets down to 7.5 lbs. Damn geriatric cat. Next month she'll probably need a walker. And then she'll start keeping all the balls that land in our yard.

On another note, five things that didn't suck today (I really am trying to keep to this, at least on weekdays, but I'll save the Friday five for actual Friday fives):

  • She didn't have to be put to sleep, which is seriously what I worried about until the noon call with the vet. I'm not sure why I worried about this, because I have determined that her sole purpose in old age will be to bleed my house fund dry and stress me out daily.
  • Today the spellchecker suggested I replace a correctly spelled acronym with "peep" and, well, PEEPs are awesome.
  • A friend's FB status this morning was "driving to work with the heat on HELL." That made me laugh.
  • Kelly green, the color of my sweater, which my youngin coworker claimed I "rocked" today. Why, thank you! (I think.)
  • Figuring out how to write a complicated excel formula. I tried for an hour and when it finally worked I actually did the fist in the air "YESSSSSSSSS!" Yeah, I'm a nerdgeek.

No comments:

Post a Comment