Monday, January 19, 2009

The best email subject line I have seen all day...

... goes to: "For Tue: Battlestar Galactica: Season 4: Disc 1"

My friend was kind enough to *ahem totally legally* provide me with season 4 when I was in Oakland a few months ago, but I couldn't get the files to play on my decrepit older-than-me-which-is-really-freaking-old-just-ask-my-doctor computer. I tried another avenue, a *ahem totally legal* site a friend referred me to, which resulted in a virus, a lot of "trojans" and the purchase of STOPzilla mostly because of the adorable fire-breathing monster but also because of the $30 rebate and the CNET and so on and so forth accolades.

So now I am behind and this season has already begun and I might be able to catch up in time to watch a few episodes at the Bagdad... Fingers crossed.

I am happy to know with certainty that a brand new, never seen by me House will be on in 30 minutes although I'm not really happy that it conflicts with Big Bang Theory, which is actually a really funny show. I am interested in Trust Me starting next week (Tom Cavanagh... sigh). I am thrilled that Lost premiers on my birthday although I fear the jeers I will get when I tell people that's what I'm doing on my birthday (you just don't UNDERSTAND! Sawyer... sigh). I am so looking forward to this season's America's Best Dance Crew on Thursday nights. And Friday, BSG, if I can catch up.

As far as the week goes, this just leaves a Tuesday night hole. That's OK. Yoga is at 8pm Tuesdays. I should really get back into that.

I recently read Flow at the recommendation of a coworker. It was interesting, and I definitely related to a lot of the concepts and was able to translate them to personal experiences which I've tried to recreate (but my God was the author wordy! really? another example? I GET IT already). However, I have to take issue with his criticism of television. I like to think that I choose quality television and quality entertainment in general. I like character studies. I like things that make me think and question things. I like things that unite people toward a common goal. I like things that poke fun at pop culture. I often learn something about myself or others through entertainment.

Even if that something I learn is just that there are other people like me out there, that's knowledge worth having. Especially in times like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment