Friday, January 02, 2009

Friday five.

Gasp and swoon, an actual Friday five! (Whose contents derive from yesterday's activities. Natch.)

Five movies I watched yesterday, pretty much in a row on the same channel, that you don't have to ever watch, because I am here to serve as a warning to others (and also I can't shake this stupid scratchy throat and achy body and I tried reading but TV was really all I could muster the energy for, and I wanted to save Dexter for when I was feeling better and could hopefully enjoy it), in the order I watched them:

  • When Harry Met Sally. This needs no hyperlink and you should watch this every single time it's on because it's one of the best romantic comedy movies ever. EVER! If you've never seen it I'm not sure I can trust you until you see it. And if you've seen it and you didn't like it, I don't want to talk to you ever again. Unless you're already married before age 40 or never made that "if we're not blah blah blah by age 40" promise to a possible future partner - in which case we just need to watch it again, with lots of ice cream. Trust me on this one.
  • In Her Shoes. I didn't hate this as much as I thought I would when I first left it on in the background on whatever crappy cable station I saw it on, so I left it on in the background again this time. Toni Collette is one of my favorite actors. She does a really good job with this, almost as good as her job in Almost a Boy but not as good as in Little Miss Sunshine. But I get why she chose the role. Otherwise, meh.
  • Mini's First Time. I was intrigued by the all-star cast and Kevin Spacey as producer. It started out interesting but went downhill about an hour into it. Damn you, intriguing cast list. Damn you!
  • Flirting with Forty. OK, honestly... I think I popped over to the Iron Chef marathon during this one. This was just terrible.
  • Prime. I didn't expect to like this and I especially didn't expect to be still thinking about this one today. I've never seen Uma play such a vulnerable role. The entire movie was fragile and delicate and engaging. I would actually recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment