Saturday, March 03, 2007

Technology IQ dropping to zero.

Since quitting my high-tech job, I've noticed an interesting decrease in my ability to complete tasks that involve technology.

Earlier this week I was trying to redeem an iTunes gift card, and it wasn't accepting the number. I emailed the friend who gave it to me, and he called the store, and they said to scratch off the area in the back and enter that number. I had been trying to enter the viewable number they use to scan the card, not the actual gift card number.

Mind you, I have redeemed at least 5 other iTunes gift cards in my life. This concept is not new to me. (To partially redeem myself, unlike the others, this one was glued into a fancy-schmancy card holder and the scratch off part was not visible until you unglued it.)

Yesterday I tried to use the self-scan at the grocery store. It took me about 5 minutes to figure it out. Five minutes isn't a long time, unless you're frustrated, you feel like an idiot and the people in line behind you start tapping their feet and sighing louder and louder as the minutes pass.

I have done this many times at Home Depot and have never had problems.

If my ability to use the remote control fails me next, I am in BIIIIIIIG trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment