Monday, March 19, 2007

Crankypants.

Beautiful panoramic Sunday afternoon 4-hour hike, why do you mock me so?

Not only am I sunburned in such a way that collars, seat belts and turning my head in general really really hurt. That would be annoying enough.

I've also got the exact same crippling pains in my calves, that I got last year around this time after running uphill for 8 of 14 miles. THAT does not make me happy. I just got on a running kick and now I'm going to have to slack off for a week or possibly several until the muscles heal. And if this is any indication of my ability to do long hikes in the future... Well, get used to subject of post. And lots of it.

On the upside, I learned from last year's mistake - I'm already on the ice and rest plan, whereas last year it took 4 weeks and a 16 mile run to beat me into submission.

And hey, maybe I'll gain that 10 pounds I've been "whining" about.

No comments:

Post a Comment