Monday, March 12, 2007

The post no woman wants to read.

After running Inspiration Point in the blazing sun and heat yesterday afternoon in record time, I returned home to enjoy the rest of the glorious sunny day by... Hemming lots of pants. WOOHOO!

See, here's the thing. I don't know if it's all the running, or all the running at increased speeds with no detriment to knees or other physicalities, or the fact that I haven't really been depressed about work since January, or the fact that I've been trying to save money by cooking more often, or a combination of all that. But since the beginning of the year I seem to have lost another somewhere-between-8-to-10-pounds. After losing big about 12 months ago, I held steady last year and did lots of shopping, but now none of my clothes fit. Belts don't help. And I hate shopping unless it's for shoes. So for a while I've just been layering and feeling like a slob. And in a rare turn of events, I decided yesterday to hem all the pants that fit 12 months ago but now hang below my ankles.

I contemplated gaining 10 pounds just to save myself from having to shop or get clothes altered, but I seem to be addicted to (obsessed with?) this running thing, so gaining weight while still eating healthy (I don't like chocolate, and with my family history of heart issues I don't want to dive into the french fries and gordo burritos either) is more of a challenge.

See - told you no woman would want to read this. I know, waaaaah, woe is me, right? Seriously though? It's annoying.

In other news... I want my hour back, dammit. This Daylight Savings crap is for the birds. And the squirrels. And the people walking their dogs, and the farmers, and the cats who get an extra hour of sunbeams to snooze in. But I want my hour back.

No comments:

Post a Comment