Thursday, March 22, 2007

If I were a 13 year old girl...

I've been wondering why I got a copy of this magazine, the "original buyers guide for men," in the mail a few days ago. Out of curiousity I leafed through the articles riddled with randomly vulgar curse words, and the ads featuring beer and scantily clad women.

And then I saw this.


Oh, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Your hyphenated name befuddles me, but I love you still.

If I were a 13 year old girl, that picture would be hanging over my bed alongside Brad Pitt's drenched half-dressed illegal Vanity Fair photo (that I can't even find a link to anymore), every photo of Johnny Depp that ever existed, and this photo of Ed Vedder. Or maybe this photo of Ed Vedder, or this one.

(But probably not this one.)

Aw, hell. Who am I kidding... I'm a 32 year old girl and I have no intention of letting go of this photo anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. You have your Complex, I have my girl band collection, so I don't think anyone in the music or magazine business has any idea who is buying what.

    They should do Tiger Beat for grown up professionals ... Vogue does not fit the bill, I get it for the Steingarten columns -- not for much longer, such an utter waste of trees -- and it has way more pictures of beautiful women in there than men. As you have discovered the men are all in the men's magazines. Hmm. This doesn't seem so bright, unless the magazine is Out or the men are wearing very very interesting clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do have a way of saying things and I find that attractive.(Please don't take this as a stalker comment,because it's really not.)You choice of words marvels at me, I hardly see the use in every day life. It's so modern yet it's somehow sticking with me. Maybe I should just move, and that would fix the problem?

    ReplyDelete