Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Incommunicado.

I am tired.

Each day brings a new challenge. Some are great learning experiences and others are not. Some just suck, actually. True to any new job, I am sure.

I honestly had no idea what I was getting into. I had no real sense of the transition from six months of "cruise control" to being slammed into exactly the opposite. For 10-12 hours a day I use my brain nonstop, usually in conjunction with a lot of other smart people, and then I go home.

On a good day, I make dinner, make lunch for the next day, maybe watch a little TV or read a book, get to bed early, get up early for the gym. That was my routine for four weeks and it was good.

More recently, I've been making dinner, making lunch for the next day, getting back online for a few hours, turning in but waking up at 2am and fretting until the wee hours of the morning. Which results in no gym, no mental break and no time for Her Majesty. At this rate, I will never see my friends, let alone attempt (yet again) the dating ordeal. No job is worth that, unless you don't care about that stuff.

So tonight. I am not working tonight. I am watching the movie that's been sitting next to my TV for three weeks. Her Majesty will curl up with me. It will be good.

If I vow to do some variation of what I'm doing tonight, at least once a week, and increase as I can from there, I think it will all be jussssst fiiiiiiiiine.

3 comments:

  1. I hope it gets easier for you, that sounds really rough. A lot of jobs seem to be busy at this time of year but it's a question of degree. Some things are acceptable and some aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS For some reason the Steve Miller song "take the money and run" is going through my head but I don't think it applies to your situation, exactly. I am not suggesting embezzlement ;->

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the words of Bartles and/or Jaymes, thank you for your support.

    Some days are way better than others... Most days, in fact, are better than others. I am liking it overall, it's just that some days remind me too much of where I came from and why I left. I think this was one of those days.

    ReplyDelete