Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Reverse SAD.

Today I walked home scuffing my feet through dry fallen leaves, colored orange and red and yellow, on the sidewalk. Pumpkins are selling at the grocery store, and someone I know has their annually-coveted Halloween treats magazine.

Fall is here!

I love fall. And unlike most people I know, I absolutely love winter. I love when the sun goes down at 4:30pm, it's freezing cold outside (well, as "freezing" as the Bay Area can get) and the only food you feel like eating is soup. I love having to turn the heater on in my car. I love my down comforter.

Summer drives me crazy. With all the sunlight and warm weather I feel totally guilty sitting on my couch watching movies. That's what I do, generally speaking - I sit on my couch and watch movies. Having a whole season where I feel guilty doing so, makes for an unhappy me. Also, I run hot so a season which makes me run even hotter is not so much fun.

However! There is much to be said for the cute sandals that summer encourages.

And so it gets back to shopping... and once again, all is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment