Monday, October 09, 2006

And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now.

Yesterday at the lake I saw a man running with ankle weights and a 10-pound dumbbell in each hand. I also saw a woman hula-hooping her way around the lake. No shit - HULA-HOOPING.

After a particularly interesting case of the Mondays today, I was leafing through my latest issue of Runners World and they've highlighted a blind marathon record-setter, a woman who trained for a marathon while undergoing chemotherapy, and a man who spent nine days in intensive care after an attack and within three months of release, ran five miles at his normal running rate and then ran a great pace for a half-marathon.

And so I sucked it up, and sent out a very proud Unpaid Job email thanking some humble people for doing a fabulous job on something, and then I settled in for another job search. And I realized that I'm doing the best I can with Paid Job, given the circumstances... I'm just not in the right environment.

Oh and also? I cancelled my Runners World subscription. I mean, Jesus Christ already.

No comments:

Post a Comment