Monday, October 23, 2006

File under: WHO KNEW?!

I'm on the Comic-Con mailing list because I attended the 2005 event featuring Kevin Smith and a panel discussion with Joss Whedon and the cast of Serenity. I don't really plan to attend again - I mean, it was fun and all, but not the greatest venue for meeting my future husband seeing as how I'm not really into comics or gaming or collecting any of that. Although it was really cool to see the person behind Chewbacca in person - damn that guy has big hands.

I was leafing through the 2007 schedule of events and noticed a photo of Deepak Chopra. Further reading revealed that in addition to being an author and physician, he is also the chairman of Virgin Comics.

I find this fascinating, intriguing and confusing all at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, you didn't go to the San Diego ComicCon, did you? I've been telling Zack to take me to that one for our anniversary for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naw, the one in SF. "Wonder-Con" it's called.

    ReplyDelete