Thursday, October 05, 2006

Public service announcement.

People of the Bay Area! Listen up. Only 3% of you actually give blood. One hour of your life can save someone else's. You're all eligible, so get out there and give blood!

That is all.

________________
According to the Red Cross, I have given 51 pints of blood in my life. I'm on the "baby list" - they call me and say "the babies need your blood" which sounds kinda creepy but it's strangely motivating. Motivating enough for me to agree to the 30 minute wait every 8 weeks even though I have an appointment, and motivating enough to make me question getting another coveted tattoo because it will delay my ability to give blood for an entire year. If I do hit the tattoo parlor you'd better believe I will be hounding you all to make up for my slack.

2 comments:

  1. Might I suggest a corporate logo fro your next tatoo? Say, a Guiness harp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... that could solve a few of my problems, actually.

    What I'm really looking for is a water tattoo. Maybe something like this, or this (without the word), or this one which is even cooler because it's from the "dia de los muertos" site. Maybe I'll get it on Nov 1.

    ReplyDelete