Sunday, August 07, 2005

On dogs and penguins.

Yesterday I wasted 1.5 hours of my life watching Must Love Dogs. Rationalize it however you like - I had a free pass, it was at the theater 2 feet from my house, I didn't feel so hot but wanted to get out of the house, how bad could any movie with John be, I wanted to see a successful online dating story since my recent endeavors had been fruitless... All of these were true yesterday. But it just sucked. One hundred percent sucked. The two main characters didn't even have dogs. I've not been so bored during a movie since... well, I guess since The Woodsman less than a month ago.

So today I saw March of the Penguins to make up for yesterday's disappointment. I {heart} penguins. Those little beasts in Antarctica trek back and forth 70+ miles several times during the year just to survive. Next time I complain about my life, remind me of that fact, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment