Sunday, August 14, 2005

If it ain't broke...

My method of buying expensive technological gadgets has usually been not to - I wait until my gadget-loving friend upgrades and gives me her leftover gadget, or I just convince myself that I don't need the gadget. Usually the latter works exceptionally well... There are so many options out there and I have no patience or time to research all the variations and accessories and bonus features. But recently I've been coveting peoples' digital cameras, especially since the sand that got into my Elph during the Belize vacation finally did it in.

When I do buy expensive technological gadgets, I ask a different gadget-loving friend who has coincidentally (without my prior knowledge) bought the gadget recently. Such was the case with my printer (something like this - but an older model), which I am quite happy with. And I think such will also be the case with the digital camera I just bought, based mostly on his recommendation.

And then if it turns out to be a piece of crap, I know where he lives. We'll know in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment