Saturday, August 06, 2005

Death of a toaster oven.

Last night my beloved toaster oven died. Yeah, that's right, I said beloved. Yeah, that's right, about a toaster oven. See, a girl like myself who lives alone doesn't have a lot of use for a big oven most of the time, especially when said girl barely cooks a real meal more than once a week. So seven years ago I bought a toaster oven, and it's proven invaluable ever since. Well, until last night.

Now, do I replace the toaster oven, or do I swap that space out for a new microwave instead? I don't have room or electrical outlets for both right now... I've never really found the need for a microwave at home (I just take leftovers to work instead), but I'm starting to wonder if that's because they've always been so big and expensive rather than not needing one. These days you can get a .7 cubic foot dealie for just $50. (You can even get microwaves with built in toasters and microwave/toaster oven combos. Something about that just seems wrong to me.)

Hmm. Easily defrosted frozen veggies vs toasted bread. Popcorn in 2.5 minutes vs heating fake meat without turning the apartment into a dry sauna. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

  1. And the winner is... convection toaster oven. Not a microwave, but still different than a regular old toaster oven, and allegedly I can bake cookies in it. Hmm. We'll see about that.

    ReplyDelete