Thursday, October 20, 2011

I love that "corpse in an elevator" has become a plot keyword.

Last Sunday I was thrilled to see Attack the Block on the marquee at the local $4 theater. I'd been eying this since hearing that it involved various people who were also involved with Shaun of the Dead and related movies that I didn't like as much but still laughed at. And what with Halloween almost upon us, I had to keep up my string of recent campy blood-and-guts monster flicks.

I was entertained, but not wowed as I'd hoped to be. The social justice angle seemed a bit forced and the stoner angle was tired. But the blood-and-guts action was spot on, and really, that's all that matters as far as these films are concerned.

Right? Who's with me?

(Um... I also clapped after Sin City and I couldn't stop grinning after Grindhouse. And I love that "corpse in an elevator" has become a plot keyword. Do I need help?)

No comments:

Post a Comment